Biohacking is an opportunity to elevate life to a higher degree, for a longer amount of time.
It's about working out smarter, like 5 minute IMST exercise, eating smarter like intermittent fasting and keto for optimal metabolic health, preemptively addressing undiagnosed conditions like prediabetes before they progress.
Here are 5 ways to take your health and wellbeing to the next level with biohacking.
Study author Tom Heinbockel demonstrates an IMST device
Casey A. Cass/University of Colorado
Source: New Atlas
There are a lot of lifestyle strategies we know can help people maintain cardiovascular health as they age, but the reality is, they take a lot of time and effort and can be expensive and hard for some people to access.
High-Resistance Inspiratory Muscle Strength Training (IMST) can be done in five minutes in your own home while you watch TV.
Source: New Atlas
1. Hydros CEO Winston Ibrahim swears by NAD+ coenzyme injections to boost energy.
2. Dave Asprey said he tried transcranial electrical stimulation (TES) to induce deep sleep. TES is supposed to induce "delta sleep," the deepest phase of sleep. Delta brain waves are associated with restorative sleep vital for the body's immune system.
3. Bayard Winthrop, CEO and founder of men's clothing American Giant, has said he takes cold showers. It elicits the acute stress response which is not fright/fight/flight but involves you rising to meet the challenge and fully recovering your resilience afterward. Things like this make us more resilient over time.
4. Flight Ventures partner, Nancy Fechnay, said she eats bone broth for breakfast as part of her intermittent fasting routine. Animal bones contain calcium, magnesium, and other minerals important for bone health, while bone marrow provides vitamins A, K2 and immune-boosting mineral selenium.
5. Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey does Intermittent fasting (IF) and extended fasts, going going hours or even days with little to no food. Dorsey eats just one meal a day, and fasts for the whole weekend.
6. Jeremy Liew, partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, says the Oura Ring has meaningfully improved deep sleep and REM, leaving him feeling more rested each morning.
7. Whitney Wolfe Herd, CEO and founder of dating app Bumble, sleeps with her curtains opento let the morning sunlight wake her up. Many people choose to sleep with a sunrise alarm clock that mimics natural light.
Source: Business Insider
Maintaining a healthy and flexible metabolism is essential to achieving an optimal health span. In addition to maintaining a healthy diet and regular physical activity, there are new evidence-based, cutting-edge therapies that promote a healthy metabolism.
Science has shown that enabling a state of ketosis through a variety of ways, including intermittent fasting and the intake of ketone esters, can sustain energy, protect and promote lean muscle and reduce inflammation associated with a number of conditions associated with aging.
Image source: Pharmeasy.in
2 million Australians live with Prediabetes, a condition in which blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as type 2 diabetes. Some evidence suggests that having prediabetes is linked with poor cognitive function, depression, and poor wound healing.
Experts think that roughly one-third of the population have prediabetes, but most people don't know they have the disorder until it has progressed to type 2 diabetes (1 in 3 people).
Real-time feedback is powerful. Armed with the knowledge that a person has prediabetes (or blood sugar levels that are getting close), they can take steps to halt or reverse the condition.
Rhonda Patrick's discussion with Dr. Michael Snyder highlights the unique way in which Continuous Glucose Monitors open a real-time element that many people find helpful for managing their blood sugar and learning their own highly individual dietary responses.
Statistics source: Diabetes Australia
Image source: Virta Health
A 2 years study in Type 2 diabetes patients, including remote medical management with instruction in nutritional ketosis, was associated with improvements in blood glucose, insulin, HbA1c, weight, blood pressure, triglyceride, liver function, and inflammation and reduced dependence upon medication.
Source: Cardiovasc Diabetol
by Guest Author August 20, 2021 5 min read 0 Comments
Implementing scientifically-driven lifestyle habits can help maintain optimal health all throughout the lifespan. It could be as simple as reducing sugar consumption or something more advanced as using special equipment to practice breathing techniques.
If performed daily, these little changes can significantly impact our health, energy levels and overall wellbeing.
Here are some ways we can biohack longevity to feel healthy and happy regardless of age.
by Guest Author August 15, 2021 3 min read 0 Comments
Microdosing is a technique that comes down to consuming micro amounts of psychedelic substances in order to enhance performance and cognitive functions.
However, microdosing is just one of many ways we can make our body perform at its best. In this post, we take a closer look at performance-enhancing psychedelics, the power of psychobiotics, ketone esters and the amazing benefits is excluding gluten from our diets.
by Guest Author August 12, 2021 2 min read 0 Comments
Biohacking implies optimization of the human body. However, it is more than just about physical health. Lifestyle changes and simple activities can help improve the mental side of our state.
A more holistic approach to human health is what makes biohacking such an appealing movement. Many activities that are considered biohacking are easily pursued without much or any investment at all.
Here are 3 simple biohacking tips that can be used on an everyday basis to enhance the fundamental aspects of our life such as focus, memory and mood with little to no investment.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …