Sun in Your Pocket™
HumanCharger®, a market disruptor. This revolutionary device is for your well-being and channels bright light directly to the light-sensitive regions of the brain, right where it is needed the most.
HumanCharger® can be used to increase energy levels, improve mood, increase mental alertness, reduce the effects of jet lag and keep winter blues at bay.
- The HumanCharger® is a quick, effective and convenient way to get your necessary daily dose of light:
- Only 12 minutes a day
- Fits in your pocket so you can use it anywhere you like
- Rechargeable, with at least 12 sessions per charge
You will receive the following with the purchase of a HumanCharger:
The HumanCharger® device, a LEDSet with four sizes of earbud fittings, a user guide and a USB charging cable.
- Invented in Finland, HumanCharger® is a bright light therapy device that has a unique and patented mechanism of action which stimulates the photosensitive proteins on the surface of the brain using a calibrated white light that passes through the ear canals. Using the HumanCharger® for only 12 minutes a day can significantly increase your energy levels, improve mood and increase your mental alertness.
Be in sync, all the time.
Exposure to light helps maintain the rhythm of our natural body clock, so with HumanCharger® you always feel more energized.
Tip for the shift workers: Use HumanCharger® for just 12 minutes every two hours when you feel most tired! You can use it while you work as it will not affect your ability to perform your daily tasks.
Helps to alleviate jet lag symptoms.
If your flight is eastward, use HumanCharger® from the morning until noon, at two-hour consecutive intervals up to four times. For a westward travel, use HumanCharger® from late afternoon to evening, at two-hour consecutive intervals up to four times. Repeat each day until you feel recovered.
Perfect defense against winter blues.
Winter blues is a mild version of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Use the HumanCharger® on a regular basis once a day, at the same time each day, within two hours of waking up.
- User manual can be found here: HumanCharger® manual
Jet lag and winter blues
The HumanCharger® is ideal for alleviating symptoms caused by jet lag, and typical symptoms of winter blues caused by lack of sunlight.
Jet lag is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body’s circadian rhythms resulting from rapid long-distance time zone crossing (east-west or west-east) travel. Shift workers can also experience symptoms such as jet lag.
Winter blues is also known as subsyndromal seasonal affective disorder (S-SAD). S-SAD is a milder form of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). SAD is a recurrent pattern of depressive symptoms during the fall and winter that remit in the spring and summer. S-SAD tends to affect sleep and energy especially, with some degree of effect on mood each fall-winter but, unlike SAD, S-SAD people do not fulfill criteria for major depression.
Use HumanCharger® if you feel or experience the following symptoms related to winter blues or jet lag:
loss of interest in activities you usually find enjoyable
feeling of worthlessness or hopelessness
loss of energy
decreased physical activity
cravings for foods that are high in carbohydrates
Side effects of the use of the device are rare when the instructions for appropriate use are followed. The most common side effects that have been reported in our previous studies are a temporary headache, insomnia, and nausea. Additionally, there is the possibility of restlessness, decreased quality of sleep during the early morning hours, dizziness, earache, tinnitus, irregular heartbeat, irritability, sweating, “buzzing of ears”, and sleep disturbances.
Do not use the device while performing tasks that require an unrestricted hearing, to avoid hazards due to restriction in hearing capability caused by the earbuds.
Do not look directly into the light-emitting earbuds, to avoid eye irritation or damage.
Do not use excessive force to insert the earbuds, to avoid damaging your ear canals.
Keep the device and its parts out of the reach of children. The small parts could present a choking hazard.
If the device becomes damaged or degraded in any way or does not work, do not operate it. Contact Valkee for service assistance.
Do not share earbuds to avoid personal hygiene risks.
Do not overuse the device. This helps to avoid nausea, headache and sleep disturbances.
Make sure that neither the device nor any of its cables can catch on anything when you are using the device, to eliminate the possibility of strangulation.
The device contains an integrated, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Do not incinerate, disassemble, or expose to extreme temperatures, because the battery could overheat, causing a fire or bursting.
No modification of this device is allowed. Contact Valkee for service assistance.
- Between 2008-2010, researchers at the University of Oulu, Finland, discovered that in addition to eyes, areas of the human brain are also sensitive to light. This sensitivity is due to the photoreceptor-proteins in the brain, which are similar to those found in the eyes, a discovery that had been made by researchers in the U.K. and the U.S. 10 years earlier. University of Oulu researchers found that brain areas can be reached by light through ear canals, ear tissues and bones of skull. The skull of large mammals, including humans, lets light pass through naturally. In ordinary daylight and daytime conditions the brain is constantly being exposed to light.
For more information please download the Summary of published, peer-reviewed findings.